Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I enjoyed both the Loving-Kindness exercise as well as the Subtle mind exercise we did this week. I know many of my classmates stated they did not like the loving kindness part of “inhaling” other’s pain and suffering but I did not have any problem imagining that breathing it in would disintegrate from the love of my heart and allow my body to breath out health, happiness, and wholeness back into the person I was focusing on. The Subtle mind exercise was just as calming and rewarding as the loving kindness exercise. I enjoyed this one very much because I had in mind the benefits I of calmness and stillness I wanted to experience so badly. I hate mental chatter, which is why these exercises are so wonderful because they help my mind to witness, not hold onto and accept and love, not criticize.

There is a connection between spiritual wellness and physical wellness by one’s ability to use their mind and body as one. This is accomplished through mindful and intentional practice. This connection has begun to manifest in my personal life more than ever before since the beginning of our Creating Wellness class. These exercises and readings help to understand a deeper meaning to life and the interconnectedness of these different aspects of our life. My mental wellness plays a role on my physical wellness and vice versa. When one is lacking, it can pull down the other as well. There has to be an effort to maintain both aspects in order to keep on the path of wellness as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment